Łukasz Smolarek - Founder and managing director of White leaf. An expert and practitioner with rich experience in managing and building comprehensive CSR, PR and communication strategies.
He has successfully managed strategic projects in the following sectors: media, finance, telecommunications, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, sports as well as public and non-governmental sector. His past experience includes:
- He participated in the work of the Responsible Business Forum devoted to promoting the best practices in corporate social responsibility in Poland,
- CSR consultant at Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PARP - adviser in the CSR database advisors),
- Member of the Working Group on education and the dissemination of CSR at the Ministry of Economy,
- He managed a team which created a corporate social responsibility strategy for the years 2014-2016 for Provident Poland,
- He led the work of a dedicated CSR working group which prepared the first social report in the history of both Provident Poland and the whole non-banking sector. The report has been based on the latest Global Reporting Initiative (GRI 4.0) guidelines.
Extensive experience in journalism
- He was the co-founder and editor-in-chief of AS BIZNESU - the first CSR magazine in the Wielkopolska province,
- He was the editor-in-chief of a professional magazine dedicated to the advertising industry in Central and Eastern Europe. Additionally, he was the editor-in-chief of two national magazines (the sectors of veterinary science and zoology),
- He did several dozens of interviews, among others with a Nobel prizewinner, with CEOs of stock exchange companies, organisations such as Business Center Club, Lewiatan as well as with provincial marshals.
Not only practice! Theory too:
- A graduate of Land Management at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań and Public Relations at the School of Humanities and Journalism in Poznań. A Ph.D. student at Wrocław University of Economics, study area: corporate social responsibility and its immediate impact on business,
- He attended CSR Manager Academy – devoted to the broadly understood corporate social responsibility. He also did courses such as “Social reporting based on the new Global Reporting Initiative GRI 4.0 guidelines”, “Practical usage of the LBG model for the social management in a company”.
Ecology is important
- He has got rich experience of co-operation with units of local authorities. He is an author of numerous ecophysiographic studies* and reports on the impact investments exert on the natural environment. The studies and reports were created as assignments from several dozens of local governments all across Poland.
*The scope of an ecophysiographic study is, among others, the following:
- analysis and description of the condition and functioning of the environment,
- a diagnosis of the condition and functioning of the environment,
- a preliminary prognosis of further changes occuring in the environment by determining the directions and potential intensity of the transformation and degradation of the environment, which might be caused by the current use and development of the area,
- listing natural predispositions for shaping the functional and spatial structure, especially by pointing out areas which above all ought to serve natural functions,
- assessing the usefulness of the environment by specifying development possibilities and limitations for various ways of using and developing the area.